Mae’r neges canlynol i rieni plant Blwyddyn 5 a 6 am drefniadau Sioe Cynradd yr Urdd eleni.
I hope you are all well. Yesterday, we invited Mrs Eleri Watkins, Denbighshire Muscial Co-ordinator into school to speak with Year 5 and 6 pupils with view to encouraging participation in this year’s Urdd Primary Show/Musical Performance.
At present, the numbers showing interest in taking part are quite low considering we have 90 pupils ain total accross Years 5 and 6. We would like to encourage more pupils to take part in the performance, especially with it being the Centenary of the Urdd and it being held locally in Denbigh.
With this in mind, I would like supply a few FAQ: which will hopefully help and encourage more to take part.
1. The performance will be held on Thursday, June 2nd on the Eisteddfod Maes- free entry to parents to enjoy the performance.
2. The pupils will only have to learn approx three chorus songs as the performance is being split into 4 county clusters- Rhyl/Prestatyn in the North, Denbigh (Central), Ruthin (Central) and Llangollen (South).
3. Joining Ysgol y Llys pupils are likely to be pupils from Ysgol Dewi Sant- other local schools will also be invited.
4.Only three after school practices will be required– and vary from being held at Ysgol y Llys or Ysgol Dewi Sant.
5.There will be one additional practice over the Easter break- location Ysgol y Llys.
6. This offer is open to all current Year 5 and 6 pupils- (They do nor have to be current Urdd Members)
We appreciate that pupils have many other callings upon them- sporting activities such as football, rugby, swimming, hocket etc- these activites usually run throughout the year.
This will be a special ‘one off occasion’ on June 2nd and will be finished by June 3rd!
The advantages of taking part include:
1. Extending social friendships with groups of children they will potentailly meet up with at Ysgol Glan Clwyd
2. Give some stage and creative experiences for children who potentially have lost out on these over the last two years due to Covid.
3. To participate in a truely historic Eisteddfod- the centenary of the Mudiad/Organisation- with the benefit of it being held in our own local area.
Can I kindly ask parents to discuss this with your children? I appreciate it is a commitment, but I genuinely feel the children would look back in years to come at the experience with pride.
Naturally, if pupils do not wish to take part, they do not have to- this is a gentle nudge to persuade those who are potentially unsure.
Also- peer group influence is quite a factor! Once we get a few more taking part, I am sure others will follow.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate in contacting me. We are here to help. Songs will also be practised in school.
Please see registration details and further information in the attachment.
PENNAETHLlythyr Prosiect Cerddorol Cynradd Eisteddfod yr Urdd i rieni